Österreichisches Filmservice (Austrian film service) confidentiality statement
(Information about the processing of personal data in accordance with articles 13 and 14 of the GDPR)
At Österreichisches Filmservice, we place high value on the privacy and confidentiality of each of our customers. Personal data is therefore always processed within the framework of the applicable data protection regulations, especially those of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Austrian Telecommunications law (TKG 2003).
Person responsible for data processing:KR Alexander V. Kammel – Kammel Österreichisches Filmservice e.U.
Tel: +43 (1) 5055337, Fax: +43 (1) 5055307
When you visit this website, personal data is gathered to allow film material to be submitted for the participation in Österreichisches Filmservice contests. This is open to film makers, film producers, ordering clients, agencies, television channels and students, hereinafter referred to by the general term “submitters”. The data is used solely internally in the company and is not transferred to third parties in any case.
The following personal data of submitters is processed for this purpose:
- First name surname
- User name on the submission platform
- Contact data (telephone number, e-mail address, fax number, address)
- Date of birth
- Contact person in the company
- Participation in events
- Eating preferences (if indicated by you)
- Billing data
- VAT identification number
- Account and credit card data
Legal basis for the processing and purpose
- with your consent (article 6 paragraph 1a of the GDPR): If you have made a successful submission and you are part of the winners or winner preselection, you provide us with your consent to disclose your personal data. In this case, the processing is conducted solely according to the purposes and the scope defined in the declaration of consent (publication on the website, announcements in print media etc). A declaration of consent that has been granted can be withdrawn at any time with future effect.
- to fulfil contractual duties (article 6 paragraph 1b of the GDPR): By submitting film material, you are entering a contractual relationship with Österreichisches Filmservice. The processing of the personal data listed above is necessary for the fulfilment of the mutual contractual duties.
- to fulfil legal obligations (article 6 paragraph 1c of the GDPR): The processing of personal data may be necessary for the fulfilment of various legal obligations (for example, tax declaration-relevant data).
- to safeguard justified interests (article 6 paragraph 1f of the GDPR):
Insofar as necessary, personal data is processed beyond the contractual purpose in the justified economic and legal interests of Österreichisches Filmservice.
Personal data is processed to safeguard justified interests in the following cases:
- Measures to protect customers
- Measures to protect the company property
- Data processing to enforce legal claims
In principle, we never transmit your personal data to third parties without your express permission or request. In individual cases, your personal data may be published on the website of the participating contest.
In addition, we work with partners who are essential participants in the contract fulfilment as commissioned order processers (especially IT service providers) and as contractual partners (especially payment service providers). These partners receive the data that is necessary for the fulfilment of their respective services and they are therefore not external third parties. All order processers are contractually obliged to handle your data confidentially and solely in the context of their service provision.
In the case of a legal obligation, public offices and institutions may be the recipients of your personal data.
We process your personal data, insofar as possible, for the entire duration of the contractual relationship (from the initiation to the processing to the end of the contract) as well as any longer if required by the legal storage and documentation obligations, arising from the Austrian General Civil Code (ABGB) and the Austrian Federal Fiscal Code (BAO).
Furthermore, regarding the storage duration, the legal expiry periods are to be observed; these can amount 30 years in some cases according to the Austrian General Civil Code (ABGB).
If the data is processed based on your consent, you can of course make use of your right to withdrawal at any time.
At each consultation of our website, the access time and the visitor’s end device and IP address are transmitted to the web server. For security reasons (for example protection against hacker attacks) and to prevent misuse (multiple submissions), we save the IP addresses of all visitor requests. The records created are however only used to follow-up on security breaches or cases of misuse and only consulted in suspected cases. Additionally, the IP addresses are not saved in the long term, instead they are deleted after 4 weeks.
We use web analysis services to analyse your use of our website. We process your data based on our justified interest in a cost-efficient web analysis and the optimisation of our website.
As per the standards, each internet browser accepts all cookies. However, you can instruct your browser to not accept cookies or to automatically delete them after each internet session. You will find the corresponding instructions on the support pages of your browser provider.
Google Analytics:We use Google Analytics (Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) for web analysis. Cookies are also saved on your computer due to the use of this analysis service. We use Google analytics solely with active IP anonymisation. This means that the IP address gives no information as you as a user. Google has a Privacy-Shield certification and thereby guarantees a level of data protection suitable for the European Union. In the case of Google Analytics, the information created by the cookies used is transmitted to Google’s servers in the USA and saved there. Google uses this information to evaluate the website use of our users for us. You can refuse this processing at any time through the opt-out possibility provided at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. You will find more information about this in Google’s privacy statement.
In addition, an electronic order processing contract was concluded with Google Analytics.
Rights of the concerned party
You have a right to information, correction, deletion, limitation, portability, withdrawal and refusal. If you believe that the processing of your data is in breach of data protection laws or that your privacy rights have been violated in any other way, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority. In Austria, this is the Data Protection Office (www.dsb.gv.at).
If you have further question about data processing, you can contact us at any time at email@example.com.